ACT Test Prep Course in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, UAE & Istanbul, Turkey.
The ACT is a college assessment test that is used within the United States to rank graduating high school students based on their academic capabilities. It is an extremely popular test, and competes directly with the SAT as a prime factor in a student’s college application process. Almost all American universities accept ACT scores in lieu of SAT scores as a prerequisite for application. ACT Course Delivery is a critical category for most students, especially those who require a specific type of class format for Turkey Students.
Brighter Prep offers ACT Test Prep Course in Dubai, three types : Group course, Individual course and Hybrid course.
ACT GROUP COURSE
What is ACT Test ?
Designed to test students in four overall areas (English, Mathematics, Reading, and Scientific Reasoning), the ACT primarily seeks to test a student’s readiness for college based on various studies of American high school curriculums. The test is almost three and a half hours long. The four areas on the ACT are scored from 1-36, which are averaged into a composite score for the student. An essay writing portion of the test is not incorporated into the composite score for a student, but test-takers may opt to complete the writing section.
Different areas of the test will test student’s abilities differently. The English section tests understanding of both style and grammar. The Mathematics portion tests primarily algebra and geometry, though both arithmetic and trigonometry will appear on the test in small numbers. A calculator is permitted on the Mathematics portion. The Reading section will test a student’s ability to dissect various forms of written English in the form of essays on prose, the humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences. The Scientific Reasoning section assumes a shallow understanding of basic scientific principles, and checks a student’s ability to interpret data from graphs or tables.
- Total Duration : 76 hours
- 36 hours of classroom training (12 sessions x 3 hours)
- 20 hours of practice tests (5 tests x 4 hours)
- 20 hours of proctored tests in actual exam conditions (5 tests x 4 hours)
Brighter Prep also offers 1-on-1 ACT tutoring. Students are given undivided attention by our teachers, chosen specifically to match their learning style, needs, and goals.
The individual course features include:
- Personalized one-to-one instruction in all subjects
- Full-length practice tests and diagnostic score reports to assess progress and identify areas for improvement
- Expert feedback on your ACT essays
- ACT practice book
- ACT Handbooks
- 10 practice tests
ACT instructors will provide students a free diagnostic test to determine their projected ACT score.
To find out more about the courses we offer, or to create a customized course at your school, call us on + 971 (0) 4 354 2929 / 050 877 8589 or email us at email@example.com
We invite your suggestions, queries and feedback. This will help us to serve you better.
Brighter Prep’s ACT Trainers
Brighter Prep’s ACT Trainers in Dubai & Abu Dhabi
ACT Math, Science & English Trainers in United Arab Emirates.
- Cathleen (SAT/ACT Verbal) University of Southern California
- Hassan Farid (SAT/ACT Verbal) University of Illinois
- Ed Connolly (SAT/ACT Verbal) Boston University
- Preeti (SAT/ACT Verbal) Worked with Kaplan & Princeton Review
- Vinod Kumar (SAT/ACT Math) Double Master in Maths
- Ranjith (SAT/ACT Math) Indian institute of Technology
- Neelam Kumar (SAT/ACT Math) Msc, Mphill, MBA
- Iunia Pasca (SAT/ACT Verbal) Head of Academics
Enhancements to the ACT Writing Test from Sept’15
Enhancements to the ACT Writing Test
Starting in September 2015, ACT will introduce a number of enhancements to the ACT writing test. Key differences between the former and the enhanced designs are outlined below.
Writing Prompt :Many elements of the writing prompts will remain the same. For example, the test is still an exercise in argumentative writing, and it continues to measure core competencies that are linked to college and career success.
1. Ideas and Analysis: Scores in this domain reflect the ability to generate productive ideas and engage critically with multiple perspectives on the given issue. Competent writers understand the issue they are invited to address, the purpose for writing, and the audience. They generate ideas that are relevant to the situation.
2. Development and Support: Scores in this domain reflect the ability to discuss ideas, offer rationale, and bolster an argument. Competent writers explain and explore their ideas, discuss implications, and illustrate through examples. They help the reader understand their thinking about the issue.
3. Organization: Scores in this domain reflect the ability to organize ideas with clarity and purpose. Organizational choices are integral to effective writing. Competent writers arrange their essay in a way that clearly shows the relationship between ideas, and they guide the reader through their discussion.
4. Language Use and Conventions: Scores in this domain reflect the ability to use written language to convey arguments with clarity. Competent writers make use of the conventions of grammar, syntax, word usage, and mechanics. They are also aware of their audience and adjust the style and tone of their writing to communicate effectively.